Saturday, January 12, 2013

What's your favorite recipe?

Aw! Come on! Favorite Recipe?  Don't we all know by now that ZIN doesn't COOK?  She avoids it like the plague? That she'd rather be boiled in oil than go into a kitchen and play nice with that demonic stove? *sigh*  Okay rant over. So if you didn't know, you do now that I don't cook.  But being the good sport that I am, I decided to beg my sister in giving me her recipe for my favorite dish. The one I always ask her to make anytime she visits.  The last time she visited she asked what I wanted for supper, and before  I could answer she gave me the look and said, "I'm not making Taco Bake for you. Pick something else."  Of course, I crossed my arms over my chest and asked in my best five year old voice, "but why?"   Good thing my sister loves me or I'd have been wearing the soda she was carrying.

While I didn't get my Taco Bake that night. Maybe someone will be nice and deliver it to my house, if I put it up here....what...you're not going to do it....fine, but I'm still putting it up.

ZIN

Taco Bake

And yes I cheated.  Or my sister did. This is the same recipe you'll find on the back of the bisquik box...or so my sister tells me.  Recipe taken from the Betty Crocker Site. It can be found HERE









Taco Bake


Prep Time: 20 Min
Start to Finish: 1 Hr 5 Min
Makes: 8 servings


Ingrediants
1pound lean ground beef
1medium onion, chopped
(1/2 cup)
1package (1 ounce) Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix
1can (16 ounces) tomato sauce
1can (15.25 ounces) Green Giant® whole kernel corn
2cups shredded Cheddar or process American cheese (8 ounces)
2cups Original Bisquick® mix
1cup milk
2eggs
Sour cream, chopped tomato and shredded lettuce, if desired.

Directions
Step 1 - Heat oven to 325ºF. Grease rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches

Step 2 - Cook ground beef and onion in 10-inch skillet, stirring frequently, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in dry seasoning mix, tomato sauce and corn. Spoon into pan; sprinkle with cheese. Stir Bisquick mix, milk and eggs until smooth. Pour over beef mixture.

Step 3 - Bake about 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with remaining ingredients.


This post is copyrighted by Zin. You can also find her on Twitter and Facebook. All parts of this are created by the author's imagination, research, and/or knowledge. Any resemblance to anything else (person, location, etc) is purely coincidental. No content on Zin's Fantasies may be copied or reproduced without written consent of both the author and Zin's Fantasies.

No comments:

Post a Comment